The fabric I used is from JoAnn Fabrics clearance section. The outer fabric is a nice coat weight wool. The lining is a polyester satin brown dots. I had the buttons and the zipper in my stash. The zipper needed to be shortened from 12" down to 9". Since it was a zipper with metal teeth it was easy to shorten. I just used pliers to pull the stops off and pull the teeth out for about an inch of the tape. Then I pried the stops open enough so I could get the back over the zipper tape and press them back tightly in place.
I am very happy with this coat I have worn it for the last few days since I finished it. And I have gotten several compliments on it. I love being able to use one of my vintage patterns.