Thursday, February 14, 2013

Gossip Bench

We got this gossip bench this past summer at The Auction.  We paid $9.00 for it.  It was sitting outside on a hot summer day and by the time it came up for bid it had rained and several people had been sitting on it.  Several of which were a bit to large for such a small chair.  So consequently the chair had suffered some damage.  The legs had bowed out and the top had warped a bit.  Also the trim that runs along the bottom of the table had peeled and separated.  That part had to be remade.  It had a vinyl covered plywood seat that had pretty much disintegrated.  But we brought it home and my man glued everything back in place and made a new seat and trim.  Then he painted it.  And together we covered the seat with this green needlepoint piece we got at the auction.  We didn't pay anything for this as someone else bought it in a lot of stuff and they didn't want it.  I picked it up and brought it home knowing that I would find a use for it.  I think it turned out great.  My cat likes to curl up on it.  I had to cover the seat up with a blanket because my cat was starting to tear up the needlepoint.  I can uncover it when someone comes over because my cat will be to scared to come out then.

No comments:

Post a Comment