Saturday, February 2, 2013

A New Top

 I got this cute vintage dressform at the auction a few weeks ago.  It is adjustable and I love the aqua color.  I think it is perfect for dispalying my latest project on.
http://images.patternreview.com/sewing/patterns/butterick/5493/5493.jpg

One of my latest projects was this silky top from Butterick 5493.  I need to have plenty of tank tops to wear to work under my jacket,  I like this top for the most part.  I need to work on my narrow top stitched hems though.  Some parts of the hem on the front drape I am not so happy with.  It is hard to get  roll on the very curved piece, especially on this very lightweight slippery fabric.  I am thinking about taking it out and redoing it but I am not so sure I can make it look much better.  I will probably just wear it as is.  I still need to hem this top.  I may try this top again in a less slippery fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment