Friday, February 8, 2013

Ric-Rac Skirt

http://images.patternreview.com/sewing/patterns/mccall/6290/6290.jpg

This is a  quick and easy skirt pattern with three cute style embellishing options.  Except for cutting out the fabric the skirt only took about an hour and a half to sew.  I pretty much followed the pattern for view B.   The pattern suggested folding the ric-rac trim at the hem in half for a scalloped edge.  I didn't really like the look when I tried it so I just left it flat so only one edge of the trim points extend beyond the hem.  The waistband  on the pattern called for twill tape facing.  I wanted to use what I had on hand so I used a strip of the skirt fabric for the straight facing.  The fabric I used was a woven fabric with a lot of stretch in the crosswise grain.  But interestingly it had no stretch in the lengthwise grain.  So I was able to use the side with no stretch in the waistband and keep the stretch in the skirt where I could use a bit of give.  I like this skirt and I may make view A with the circle pocket if I can find some fabric in my stash to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment