Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tee Shirt

This tee shirt is made from New Look 6735http://images.patternreview.com/sewing/patterns/newlook/6735/6735.jpg
I have sewn this pattern many many times but only the top.  It is my favorite plain tee shirt.  I love the fit and it is really easy to sew as most basic tee shirts are.  I think this is the first time I have made the short sleeved version.  I did change the sleeve length slightly because the pattern curved up.  My fabric has these cutout parts that I thought would look better with a straight sleeve.  The other change I made was to eliminate the center seam down the back.  I just put the center back on the fold.  The center back seam dose give a closer fit.  But my figure doesn't really lend itself to a close fit.  The cutout fabric make parts of the shirt sheer but I think it will be nice to wear under a jacket or with a cami under.

1 comment: