Monday, February 18, 2013

Farmall Tractor Shirt


 I was excited to get to make something for my man.  He like to restore antique tractors and his favorites are Farmall Tractors.  So when I saw this tractor fabric at JoAnn Fabrics I bought some not really knowing what I was going to make with it.  When he saw it he thought it would make a nice shirt.  He could wear it to his tractor club meetings.  I was a bit skeptical about how this rather large print would look in a shirt but I went ahead and sewed it up. I think it turned out nice and my man likes it.  It fits him well too.
I used this out of print Simplicity Pattern 8150 I had in my pattern stash.  It is a pretty basic shirt pattern and easy to sew too.  I also made him a pair of boxer shorts from this pattern but we chose not to post any pictures of those.  The shorts are very easy to sew with only one pattern piece.  I think the shorts took less than an hour to sew.  The shirt may have taken 3 hours to sew I didn't really time myself .  But I know it was quick and easy to sew.  This is the first time I have used this pattern for the shirt but I have made the shorts before.  Several years ago I was trying to use up some of my stash fabric so I made boxer shorts for my two sons.    I probably will not make the tie as all the men in my life do not wear ties except on rare occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment