Sunday, November 29, 2009

My partner got her package.



















Now I can show the photos of some of the things I made for my partner in the Christmas stocking swap. She loves polkadots and pink and sparkles so I tried to include all these features in her stocking, I was pretty please with the way it turned out. Although I did have a mishap with the iron while I was pressing one side I melted the dotted brocade on the toe. I could think of no way to salvage it so I had to make another side. That was a bit tricky because I had cut all the pieces at the same time (2 of the brocade and 2 of the turquoise lining) so that everything would line up right. Well cutting the second side made for not so good matching and I had to do a bit of altering to make it all fit. I finally decided it was good enough and time to quit fiddling with it.








For some stocking stuffers I made a little jewelry pouch and a loyalty card wallet. I made some jewelry 3 memory wire bracelets a button pendant necklace and a charm bracelet.






I crafted a paper pieced Christmas tree pot holder. I have one for myself partially done because I thought this was so cute I wanted one for myself. I knitted her a belt/scarf in jewel toned swede yarn. And then there is the shirt cuff wallet for her son made from recycled shirt cuffs.






I had a panel for a Christmas apron and oven mitts so I sewed that up for her. I made a few of these last year including one for myself. I love mine especially the oven mitts. And the panel was purchased after Christmas so it only cost $1.25 per panel. I love those kind of bargains.











My partner has a daughter who loves zebra prints so I made a retro tie bag for her. The pattern is free from the Butterick site and it sews up really fast, She also has a 18 month old granddaughter so I made her a fabric book from another Christmas panel this one has Christmas Carols in it. Polkadotts also likes butterflies so I made her a reusable shopping bag. Last Christmas I made about 40 of these for gifts and even sold a few to a friend so she could use them for gifts. I kept several for myself I just have to remember to take them into the store with me. I also use them for work in progress bags and to tote all kinds of things. They are very useful.



A friend gave me a batch of fabric last month and there was this nativity panel in there. I thought that would be perfect for my partners Granddaughter to play with for Christmas. It was easy to put together and I think it turned out so cute. I was very surprised by how wonderful the picture I took of it turned out. I am not the best at taking pictures and I would rather spend my time crafting than taking pictures. I almost think the picture makes this look better than the real thing.
I added a few other things that were purchased that I didn't take pictures of. Polkadotts emailed me that she loves her package and will post pictures in the gallery tomorrow. I am anxious to see how she presents her new goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment