Saturday, September 5, 2009

A couple of new tops


I am getting ready for the fall weather with some new tops with sleeves. This orange dottie one is Simplicity 2690. When I had it finished I thought it looked sort of clownish because of all the dots. But when I put it on I think I like it. I know I like the pattern in general and will probably try another one in solid or more toned down print.













This is New Look 6702 view B. This was quick and easy out of jersey knit. It was a bit to low cut for me so I sewed up more of the front opening above the twist. Now I feel like I can wear it in public,



This one is a tunic style made out of a silky polyester ethnic print fabric. The pattern includes a pair of pants that I made but didn't take a picture of. They fit well and they are a slim cut pant with a side zipper. The pattern is Simplicity 2816 it includes a dress which is a longer version on the tunic that I made, a short jacket and a long jacket. I am considering the long jacket as a project for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment