Thursday, October 1, 2015

Laundry Day Tee

I found out from one of my Facebook groups that for a limited time you could get The Laundry Day Tee Pattern for free.  I had never used any patterns from Love Notions before or for that matter ever even heard of them.  A free patterns was a good way to try out a new company.
The pattern looked cute on all the models and it was a good basic t-shirt style with a bit of flare.  I had some time on my hands so I decided to give it a try.  


I made the first one to wear with my leggings I sewed from my not so desirable fabric that came in my most recent KnitFix.  I decided it would make a good fabric to try out a pattern I had never sewed before.
I choose to make the leggings from Go To Patterns.  I made view A.  I have had this pattern for a while and just never got around to sewing it up. The Ponte De Roma Knits are a good weight for pants as they are a more substantial knit.  I don't like see through pants especially leggings.  And since I really didn't like the fabric I thought I could at least wear them around the house and they would be comfortable.  As it turned out I kind of like the pants.  While I would never wear them without a tunic covering my posterior they are very wearable.

So the Laundry Day tunic to the rescue!  I had this drapey black knit in my stash I think it was leftover from another project.  I thought it would work well with this pattern and my ugly leggings.  The tunic sewed up quickly probably less than an hour.  I love they way it fits.  I love the loose flowey  bottom and the way the shoulders and sleeves fit. And the neckline fits as well.  These are areas I usually have to adjust.

 
So I made another Laundry Day Tee with some leopard print knit I had in my stash.  This time I inadvertently cut two fronts.  The pattern is a printout that the front and the back are the same piece and you are supposed to cut your neckline separately as you like.  I guess I was in such a hurry that I cut both together.  But as it turned out i like the results too. A happy mistake turned into a cute scoop neck back on my tunic.   

No comments:

Post a Comment