The web site shows pictures of many of the different versions that pattern testers came up with as well as people who bout the patterns and sewed them up for their selves. Which is nice because you can get a good idea of what the patterns look like on real people.
I was able to sew up my own version of each of the four looks. The first one I made was the Gwen top.
For this top I used some of the heather sage green ribbed knit for the body of the shirt. I used the mock raglan version of the pattern. For the sleeves I used the green red and mustard plaid cotton jersey knit from my September KnitFix from Girl Charlee. I think it has a very retro kind of look. It looks like fall to me and I even made it on the first day of Fall.
My second sew from this collection was the Adora Top. I liked this one right away when I saw the pattern. I liked the way it uses both woven fabrics and knit together. I received the floral jersey knit in my September KnitFix and I had the coral eyelet fabric in my stash, I probably got it from JoAnn Fabrics clearance bin a few years ago. I thought it looked really pretty with the floral. I first cut out the XL because that is where my measurements fell on the size chart. however I did need to alter the sides quite a bit after I sewed it together. I probably could have cut out the Large and been fine. Although I love the way this top looks after wearing it I realize I should have made the neckline in the front about an inch smaller and maybe even brought the shoulders up a bit too. These are alterations I usually make on most patterns. Next one I make I will do this before I cut out the fabric.
Next I made the Diamond Dress with the flared skirt and short sleeves. For the diamond panel in the front I used this stretch lace fabric I got at JoAnn Fabrics. The skirt sleeves and the upper panels are made with my KnitFix yellow black and white jersey knit. There is one more fabric I used that is hard to see in this picture. It is the back panel that curves around to points in front at the bottom of the diamond panel. I had a 1/2 yard piece that I added to my Girl Charlee order so I could get free shipping a few months ago. It is a black floral jersey with yellow and grey roses. I also had just enough to make the side seam pockets which you can't see from the outside, but I know they are there. I love how this dress turned out and I think the fit is great too. I added the black belt that I had in my closet to finish off the look.
The final Pattern was the Denver Peplum Top. I saved this one for last because I wasn't sure I like the look when I first saw the pattern. I didn't think it would be a flattering look with those big pockets on my hips. But to my surprise I love the way this top turned out and I think it is very flattering on me. I used three fabrics for this one. For the front panel pockets and sleeves I used the same stretch lace I used for the front diamond panel on my dress. This fabric though it is pretty and that is why I was attracted to it, is very easily snagged. So I think I can only wear this on special occasions where I won't be rubbing up against anything. I used a grey and black jersey print from my September KnitFix for the side panels and the back piece. And then I used the black with silver pinstripe for the neckline sleeve edge and pocket edge.
I like all these Patterns and will definitely make more of each. In fact I already have plans for the next Gwen. I want to make one with the placket in the front. And I love the way the Diamond fits and it is different than the usual top. I want to make a few tops with this pattern. I am tossing around some ideas for another Adora too. And with the nice surprise of how well the Denver turned out I guess I will need to make more of these too.