Monday, August 10, 2015

Aztec Hooded Vest

 This is the Aztec Hooded Vest from See Kate Sew.  She has children patterns as well as adults, though not very many for boys.  But that is common for most pattern companies.  This pattern comes in sizes 18 months to a size 8.  It could also be a girls look depending on your choice of fabric.  I made the size 4 and it fits my two year old grandson pretty well. It may be a bit big but he will probably wear it more in the fall to winter so he can grow into it a bit.  I pretty much followed the pattern the way it was written.  The only change I made was to add zippers to the pocket openings.  I already had all the zippers in my stash.  The pattern used just a rectangle opening for the pockets.

For the fabric I used the heather green rib knit for the outside of the vest.  The vest is fully lined and it could actually be reversible if you used a reversible zipper.  I didn't have on in my stash but I did have this two way zipper.  Once it is zipped you can unzip the bottom for comfort while sitting.  It is really not necessary on a short jacket like this but it is what I had.  For the lining I used a cotton knit printed with woodland creatures I picked up at JoAnn Fabrics.  I think the vest turned out supper cute and Dustin loves it, he even loves wearing the hood.  I just entered it in the Queen Anne's County Fair maybe I will win a ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment