I had this fish fabric from my June KnitFix that I was trying to decide what to make with it. It is definitely a summer print so I wanted to use it before summer was over. This time I used the same Neptune Tee Pattern with a few changes. I eliminated the sleeves and made it more of a tank top. I used the option of just having a v cutout without the contrast fabric inserts. I used the heather green rib knit from July for the bindings around the neckline and the arm holes. This fabric wasn't that close of a match to the fish fabric but it looked okay. I wanted to use the green heather so that I would have another entry into the KnitFix contest where you had to use a July fabric and a See Kate Sew pattern. The pattern had two hemline options one was the standard straight hem and the other was slightly curved. I actually curved my hem about an inch and a half up more toward the sides. Another great shirt and another easy sew.
My third Neptune Tee was made with the stitched chevron jersey. This one was inspired by a top I saw someone wearing at church the other day. I never would have thought this bold chevron would look good as a top until I saw someone wearing it. And her top had lace trim along the bottom edge and a little lace pocket. I used the lace trim along the bottom edge and also added it to the sleeve edge. I tried it out as a little lace pocket but my particular lace just didn't look right as a pocket. This time I did not used the V cutouts at all. I also narrowed the binding on the neck edge so that only about a 1/4 inch shows on the edge of the neckline. I am pleased with my third Neptune Tee. I am sure I will make more of these because of the easy sew and the great fit.