Saturday, May 5, 2012

Camouflaged Apron

I needed a wedding gift for some friends. They are a couple who have already established two homes and now merging into one home. So they really don't need the traditional wedding gifts. But I wanted to make then something personal. The man loves to be in the woods and wear camouflage clothes. Even a lot of his every day clothes are camo prints. They even talked about using that color scheme in their wedding. So for him I decided to make a camouflage barbecue apron. I am making her a more feminine apron with flowers and ruffles.
I used a McCall's patterns 2947. I got the patterns in one of the boxes of stuff I won at the auction. It was printed in 2000 so I am not sure if it is still in print. I used view H which is a very simple style of apron. Very easy to make. The fabric I used came from JoAnn Fabric it is a tree print camo. It wasn't in the clearance section nor was it on sale but I was able to use a coupon. The olive ripstop cotton I used for the pocket and the trim ties was from the clearance section and of course I bought it when the clearance was 50% off. The only changes I made to the pattern was to make the apron about 3 inches longer because the groom is very tall. I hope he likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment