Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ruffled Drawstring Bag

I came across this tutorial a few days ago and decided to try it out. I have seen similar bags before I think this idea has been around for a long time. She explains the process for making this very well in her tutorial even though English is not her first language. It is a very easy and useful project. She used it to store threads in. I thought it would make a good travel jewelry pouch.

This would be a good project for a beginning seamstress. I think kids would enjoy making it because you can use some of those fancy stitches on your sewing machine. I used a couple of daisy stitches on mine. You could make this elegant or simple just by changing the fabric. I used quilting cottons for mine. I could see it made up in silk or velvet. It would also make a nice travel sewing kit or even a first aid kit. I think this is a great little bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment