Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ruffle Apron







I have been hearing about Hobby Lobby for a long time now. There has never been one near me. Well about a month ago they opened one in a town about an hours drive from me. So my friend and I went to check out the grand opening. This is my kind of store. I picked up a few things that I didn't know I needed until I saw it.

One thing I purchased was the book Crochet Adorned. I have been eyeing this book for quite some time. It is full of crocheted embellishment for clothing accessories and household item. I have already started a project from the book the Butterfly Apron.

Maybe you can tell I like aprons because one of the other things I picked up was a kit for making an apron. It was a fabric panel for a ruffled apron. It was very easy to sew up. All I had to do was cut out the pieces, hem the edges and attach the waistband and ties. A quick and easy project. This apron has another thing in common with the project from the book. Another favorite of mine butterflies. The very top fabric on this ruffled apron has butterflies on it. And the project from the book is an apron with a crocheted butterfly for a pocket. Both are fun projects. And I think this little ruffled apron will become a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment