Monday, October 4, 2010

Petite Purse



This past Saturday I attended Original Sewing & Quilt Expo. I had a great time and was able to pick up some lovely fabrics and new patterns. I was attracted to this booth that had adorable bag patterns and unique purse hardware. I got leather handles, cute zippers with charms on them and the pattern for the Petite Purse. They have and online store Quilt Plus.
The Japanese fabrics on the left are from a booth called Some Art Fabric
. I used the patchwork looking fabric for my little purse. The gold handles and the brown zipper I got to go with the Eiffel Tower fabric. I fell in love with just about every fabric they had in Some Art Fabric. I did purchase a few other pieces. I will save those for another post.

So today I made up my little Petite Purse. This pattern was super easy. It took me longer to hand sew the handles on than it did to cut out and sew up the entire purse. The handle could only be sewed by hand. They were not difficult to sew but they did take a bit of time. I plan to make another purse with a few changes to the directions. The pattern does have three size options and I made the smallest one. I am happy with the results although I am not sure if I can use it myself. I think the purse may be better suited for someone younger. My daughter may get this one. Also the fabric looks very summery and the fall season is upon us. But there is always next summer.

6 comments:

  1. That pusre is so cute. I love fabric.
    As well as the other fabrics as well.
    It would look really nice in a tweed for the colder months as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! Those fabrics are awesome! I think your purse turned out super cute! I'd have to pass on sewing the handles on by hand though!! Great job!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that is super darling! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your summer fabrics and the fact that they compose the cutest little purse ever makes them even better - even if they are out of season! Great job.

    ReplyDelete