Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day


I found this adorable flag tutorial At Second Street. I wanted to get in the spirit of The Forth of July and I had everything I needed so I tried my hand at it. I used a piece of Styrofoam from a packing box that held a piano. I still had some left from making the hieroglyphics for VBS. The Styrofoam was about an inch and half thick so I covered the sides as well as the front with fabric. The tutorial used burlap. I had some cream colored burlap looking drapery fabric and I used that for the background. I found some blue and red cotton in my stash for the stripes and the blue background.

I already had a bottle of Mod Podge. I tend to call it Modge Podge and I really don't know why. My daughter and I had a long discussion about that because she always called Modge Podge too. I have actually never used Mod Podge before. My daughter had used it in art class. I plan to do some more Mod Podging as it was really fun and so easy.

I will probably leave this flag up in my family room because I like it and it goes with rest of the room. I am already thinking about what other kind of art I can make with Mod Podge.

3 comments: