Monday, March 22, 2010

My partner got her package.





I was waiting for my partner to receive before I put pictures up on my blog. I wasn't sure if she read it or not. I was really happy with the way everything turn out. I made her a quilted messenger bag. I first sewed up a quilted zipper bag because it was a smaller project and I thought it would be good to test out my idea on. Then I made the bag. It has lots of pockets, a zippered one on the flap and a large pocket on the back and a group of pockets inside too. I thought I was ready to send after making those two, but then I decided to cover a composition book and sew up a square pincushion too. All of the fabrics were already in my stash. I love the bright colors and the batik fabrics. The bag took much longer to make than I expected. But I enjoyed making it and I got to use some of the fancy quilting stitches on my sewing machine too. The little zipper bag took a bit long too. Mainly because I decided to quilt it with that squiggle stitch. If I had just made it plain I would have finished it in under an hour. The composition book cover was quick and easy and so was the pincushion.



Although the jelly roll was a recent purchase. For this swap we had to send some small sewing notions and at least 2 yards of fabric of several different pieces, as well as a pattern or a book of things to sew. I sent a couple of books from my stash. Some notions I included were buttons, snaps, and several zippers. I was able to fit everything into the bag and the whole thing fit perfectly in a medium flat rate box.



No comments:

Post a Comment