Saturday, March 30, 2013

Personalized Wedding Gift

My daughter was attending a friends wedding and wanted to give the couple a personalized gift.  She knew the bride liked birds and personalized things.  A garden flag seemed like a sweet gift along with a flag pole and a bird feeder she had on her registry.  I had purchased this machine embroidery design from Embroidery Library a few years ago and never used it.  This flag took way longer to stitch out than I had anticipated.  When I first stitched it out I realized that the design was for a much larger flag than what I wanted.  So I re sized it.  The birds nest alone took a hour and a half to stitch out.  I had to re hoop several times even using my largest hoop.  The names are letters that came on my machine but I thought they matched the twig letters pretty well.

I like this project overall but I think I need to make some changes if I make another one.  First thing is I think I needed more or different stabilizer.  My flag has many wrinkles which could have been prevented maybe if I had stabilized better.  I am not sure that would have cleared it all up because the design is very stitch intensive.  But I am challenged to try again.  I have another wedding gift to make so maybe.  I think the wrinkles will not be seen  when the flag is in the yard blowing in the wind.

1 comment: