Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A New Book


I received Sewing Bits & Pieces the other day. I'm so glad I bought this book as it has several projects I want to try. All of the projects are adorable and easy to sew and there are plenty of pictures and illustrations to help you complete a project. I love Sandi Henderson's style. I think the Picnic Quilt is such a clever design. Maybe I will be able to make one this summer. I think it would be perfect for some of those Moda layer cakes I have. I may have to make a few of the Ruffled Head Scarves to wear in the sun. I need something to protect my hair now that I color it. If I get to much sun it bleaches my hair to blond. I am brunette with some blond highlights so I would like to keep it that way if I can.
There is a cute Forest Owl and a Woodland Bunny toy. Even though I don't have any kids to make it for I may just make myself one or just make one for a gift if the occasion presents itself. I can see myself using many of the ideas in this book.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh that looks like a great book, I hadn't seen it before but it is on my wish list now! I have found a great site http://thetoysociety.blogspot.com/ for making toys and then leaving them somewhere for someone else to find.
    Hope you are well,
    Bless,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comment Mel. I will check out that toy site. I am well I just had so many things going on that I couldn't find time to write for this blog. It is good to know that someone is reading it.

    ReplyDelete