Saturday, January 16, 2010

Some new clothes


I don't know if anyone has noticed but it has been a while since my last post. I just haven't had time to take pictures or think of something to write on here. But I have been working on a few projects. I made up this herringbone vest and knit top a few weeks ago. I have worn it several times since I made it. I used Simplicity 0568. The pattern envelope called this a sleeveless jacket. There is a view with sleeves in the envelope too. The pattern also includes a skirt with a flared bottom. and a basic pair of pants. I am considering making the skirt at some point. I really like the knit top it has a good fit and is flattering on me. The top has a mock turtle neck with a zipper in the back for a close fit. I used an invisible zipper because I like the way they look and I think they are the easiest to install.


For the vest I used a wool blend brown herringbone fabric. I got this at JoAnn's in the clearance section. It even has a bit of sparkle to it. I thought about adding a lining to it even though the pattern doesn't call for it. I had some fabric leftover from another project that I was going to use. But after I started sewing I decided I didn't want to do that much thinking so I just made it according to the pattern. It really isn't that hard to add a lining to a unlined jacket pattern. I have done it many times before but I guess I just wanted a quick project. Both the jacket and the pink knit top were quick and easy to finish. I will probably be making more of the tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment