Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chocolate Table Runner



I finished up my chocolate table runner today. I started on it several months ago and all I had left to do was the machine quilting and the binding. I think this design is a good use of novelty fabrics. I am attracted to fabrics with candy on them especially chocolate. I usually make garments and these fabrics are not really useful in adult garments. So I thought I would do a bit of quilting. This was a kits and I had just a few pieces left over.
I decided to make some Scrappy Loyalty Card Wallets. I got the tutorial here http://spoonfullofsugargirls.blog/ . This is a great tutorial and a great way to use small scraps of fabric. I was able to make 3 with my scraps. They go together very quickly probably less than an hour start to finish. When I make little things like this I like to make more than one because it doesn't really take much longer to make three than to make one if you sew them assembly line fashion. Just do the steps for all three at sewing machine and iron and before you know it you have three wallets done. These would be a good way to give a gift card as a gift. Or you could use them to hold all your grocery store cards. By making three at once I have one to keep for myself and two to give as gifts. And I may have enough scraps left to make another outside cover for another wallet. I would have to use other scraps for the inside and the pockets. It makes me happy to use every scrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment