Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Crocheted Chicken






I have had this crochet book for a little while. Tasty Crochet. The book is full of all kinds of play food to crochet. I love to crochet useless things. I guess crocheted food isn't totally useless as it is fun for kids to play with. However I don't have any kids around to give it to. I do know of a couple of little girls who would like it. The usefulness to me is that crocheting is relaxing and it makes me feel good to get a cute little project finished quickly. It just brings me pleasure to knit or crochet quirky things.

I decided I wanted to make something from this book and looked around in my yarn stash for some yarn in the right colors. I was still in Stashbuster September when I made these so I didn't want to go out and buy anything. I actually found enough yarn in my stash to make several of the projects in the book. When I get time I will be making some more food. This time I whipped up two chicken drumsticks and a slice of bread. I was planning to make a whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich but I only had enough of the white yarn to make one slice of bread. I tried some green beans but the green yarn I had was more of a Christmas green and just didn't look anything like green beans. I plan to make more as I find time. Even though you can't eat these they are fun to make.


Somewhat Simpleprincess2L"/>

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you- crochet small non-essential things is SO much fun! Thanks for sharing at http://4princes2princesses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I think I should find a book like this. Lol, I may have to buy some yarn. I think my stash consists of brown, cream and yellow...Lol, bread butter and corn??
    everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete