Thursday, June 2, 2011

Surf Fishing




I know this post has nothing to do with sewing or crafting but I wanted to share my fish story. I went surf fishing at Cape Henlopen yesterday. I had such a nice time with my new guy friend and he taught me how to surf fish. I have never been much of a fisherman before. But I found that surf fishing is a very relaxing activity. The beach was beautiful and the weather was nice. I was a bit chilly because the wind was strong. We had a nice picnic of roasted chicken and good conversation. After only about 10 minutes after putting the baited line in the water we had a catch. Greg showed me how to reel him in and we found we had caught a striped bass. Around here they call them rock fish and this one was big enough to keep. But we did throw him back.

I actually did do a bit of crafting while we were fishing. While waiting for something to bite I knitted about half of a new washcloth. I like to take some simple knitting along with me to the beach. Washcloths are perfect knitting for the beach because they are easy and you don't have to worry about getting your project ruined by sand and sea. Because wash cloths are for washing so hey just wash them when you are finished.

All in all it was a very good day. By the way this is the only fish we caught that day. But that doesn't really matter it was all about enjoying time spent together and a fun activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment